Old May 3rd 07, 10:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Phil Phil is offline

Default Critique my tube map

"alex_t" wrote in message
ups.com...
Last weekend I had nothing to do, so I've drawn my own tube map :-|
http://www.fxfp.com/get/tube/2007/05/m_001.png

Warning! The file is about 500kb and quite large: 5000x3250 pixels.

Notable changes compared to the official map:
* no North London line (I will add Overground when it will launch)
* "walk-only" interchanges between stations omitted (Shadwell, Bow
Road/Church, etc)
* no Regent's Park (it will be hidden until opening) and Shoreditch
stations

Any corrections are welcome!

P.S. And if you are wonder, why the world needs yet another tube map -
well, I have no idea ;-)
Well, actually I do have an idea - I'm praparing my own website about
the Tube and I needed editable map for it (to draw historical maps and
future maps).

I am not sure if it is meant to be topographical or give some sort of
relation of proximities. If you are trying to give somesort of idea of
distance between stations etc, the distance between Uxbridge and the
Piccadilly line at Heathrow seems too great
If it is topographical, it is great - I like it - it once again illustrates
how poorly served 'sarf London' is

Philip