Old May 3rd 07, 10:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner Recliner is offline

Default Critique my tube map

"alex_t" wrote in message
ups.com
Last weekend I had nothing to do, so I've drawn my own tube map :-|
http://www.fxfp.com/get/tube/2007/05/m_001.png

Warning! The file is about 500kb and quite large: 5000x3250 pixels.

Notable changes compared to the official map:
* no North London line (I will add Overground when it will launch)
* "walk-only" interchanges between stations omitted (Shadwell, Bow
Road/Church, etc)
* no Regent's Park (it will be hidden until opening) and Shoreditch
stations

Any corrections are welcome!

P.S. And if you are wonder, why the world needs yet another tube map -
well, I have no idea ;-)
Well, actually I do have an idea - I'm praparing my own website about
the Tube and I needed editable map for it (to draw historical maps and
future maps).

I like it, though you probably do need to move things around a little to
better illustrate the true distances between stations. For example,
shouldn't Southwark station be shown closer to Waterloo than to London
Bridge? And the real Covent Garden is much closer to Leicester Square
than to Holborn.

One query is at Ealing Broadway -- presumably for simplicity, you show
the District staying south of the Central, though in reality, of course,
the District and Piccadilly are on the same tracks as they pass over the
Central, and then the District swings round sharply to end up parallel
to but north of the Central in Ealing Broadway station. Also, wouldn't
it be better to show Camden Town as some sort of interchange?

You also ignore national railways and trams altogether, not even showing
interchanges with them -- wouldn't it be worth giving some indication of
such connections?