Old May 3rd 07, 11:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mark Brader Mark Brader is offline

Default Critique my tube map

Alex Tereshchenko:
Last weekend I had nothing to do, so I've drawn my own tube map :-|
http://www.fxfp.com/get/tube/2007/05/m_001.png

Notable changes compared to the official map:
* no North London line (I will add Overground when it will launch)
* "walk-only" interchanges between stations omitted (Shadwell, Bow
Road/Church, etc)
* no Regent's Park (it will be hidden until opening) and Shoreditch
stations

Any corrections are welcome!

Farringdon is misspelled, and the Victoria Line seems to be missing a
stop between Highbury & Islington and Euston. (No, this does not mean
that I've proofread the whole thing.)

I don't care for the way the lines artistically curve this way and that
as if the map was geographical, when of course it isn't, and I don't
like the rather widely spaced lines for the 4-track District/Piccadilly
and Jubilee/Metropolitan sections. But certainly these are matters of
taste, and they do help make the map distinct from LU's copyrighted
version.

Given that the interchanges are not being rendered geographically,
Whitechapel might as well be visually simplified by drawing the East
London Line station southwest of the District/Metropolitan Line one,
instead of northwest.
--
Mark Brader There are people on that train!
Toronto Sure, they're Canadians, but they're still people!