Old May 3rd 07, 11:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
alex_t alex_t is offline

Default Critique my tube map

The advantage of a systematic map, like Beck's tube map, is how clear
it is. The advantage of a topological map is that you can see real
distances and routes. This map combines them, but is less clear than a
systematic map without being topologically correct either! So I really
don't see what we are gaining here?

I'm making a website about London Underground, and I needed a map to
illustrate to stuff. As original tube map is copyrighted, I could not
use it - so I made my own. I don't think there is any serious gain
from this map - except that I'm going to update it very often, even
with smallest changes (for example making special weekend versions,
etc).