Old May 4th 07, 10:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Olof Lagerkvist Olof Lagerkvist is offline

Default LU Stock Transfer Lines

MIG wrote:

There are problems with this, to put it mildly. Firstly, the Waterloo
and City didn't have any other tube lines to connect with when it was
built, because it connected the LSWR with the City, for which reason
it comes pretty much to the surface at both ends and would have to
tunnel down again through significant obstructions.

Secondly, it doesn't point anywhere vaguely in the direction of
Vauxhall. It actually points towards Elephant and Castle, so there
would have to be a big loop.

Wonder if it would be possible to branch off before the track goes up to
Waterloo and build new tunnels towards Vauxhall. As I have understood it
the W&C Line goes under Stamford Road up to the IMAX Cinema and then
goes up under the Waterloo mainline station so it might be possible as I
can see to branch off under or right before the IMAX.

That would leave the line with two branches of course with trains
running either Bank - Waterloo and Bank - Vauxhall but would that
necessarily be a problem? For such a line I don't think so. I think the
trains would be filled anyway and that not many people getting on at
Vauxhall would find it useful to be able to get off at Waterloo anyway.

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451