Old October 22nd 03, 10:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Closure of Liverpool Street this morning

"Nicholas F Hodder" wrote the following in:

Can anyone explain why Liverpool Street tube station was closed
this morning (at least for westbound Central Line trains)?

They said it was because of overcrowding, but when I asked Tube
staff where the overcrowding was, they said it was on the Central
Line platforms. If trains don't stop at the platform, how will
this ease overcrowding? Surely it makes things worse.

I caught a Central line train at Liverpool Street this morning. I had
to wait for three to go past before there was one with any space for
extra passengers to get on, and hardly any passengers were getting off.
I'd think that maybe the reason trains weren't stopping there was
because it was a bit of a waste of time.

--
message by Robin May, consumer of liquids
Hello. I'm one of those "roaring fascists of the left wing".

Hacker is to computer as boy racer is to Ford Escort.