Old October 23rd 03, 05:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

Default Shocking revalation about jubille line stations

"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
news
I was googling around looking for a station layout for the new Stratford
interchange when it gets the second DLR, and CTRL in. I came across a
report entitled "So, what mysteries does the Jubilee Line Extension
hold?", from "transportforall.com"

http://tinyurl.com/ry6o

I quote

"Volunteer A [who was with a person that couldn't use the escalator] found
staff particularly helpful when they stopped the escalator for his wife to
walk down"

Stopped an escalator for 5 minutes while a passenger walks down it,
inconveniencing hundereds of other users? I hope this isn't a typical
event.

Usual practice for blind person with guide dog where there is no fixed stair
or lift.

--
Kat in Downtown Toronto