Old May 9th 07, 06:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David of Broadway David of Broadway is offline

Default Zone 2-3 Travelcard. Charging Question.

asdf wrote:

Further to my previous reply, there is an article in today's London
Lite (page 17) about this issue. Apparently, the way it works now is
that if you touch in, change your mind about travelling (due to delays
or for any other reason), and touch back out again within 15 minutes,
you are not charged.

No charge at all? That's very nice!

More than 15 minutes, and you get an £8 charge.
The article goes on to say that an average of 140 people per day are
charged £8 in this way.

You may recall that I've expressed strong opposition to the £4 charge.
My opinion has not changed!
--
David of Broadway
New York, NY, USA