Old May 10th 07, 12:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Blackwall Tunnel

On 10 May, 12:59, Kev wrote:
Does anybody know what actually happened last night. They kept saying
that they expected it to open at 7pm so imagine my surprise when at
7am is was still shut.
How come asbestos wasn't being transported in a secure container, if
it was asbestos.

By the sounds of it, because the truck driver was an utter cowboy (he
also buggered off without stopping). See this article: http://tinyurl.com/2udwb4

Rather ironic that ten of millions of lottery money was used to
decontaminate the Greenwich peninsular and now is recontaminated.

Yes, -ish - although as I'm sure you know, the decontamination job in
Blackwall is going to be a couple of days max with a few industrial
hoovers.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org