Old May 10th 07, 02:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David of Broadway David of Broadway is offline

Default Zone 2-3 Travelcard. Charging Question.

asdf wrote:
On Wed, 09 May 2007 15:01:56 -0400, David of Broadway wrote:

It's the same risk as for PAYG users, is it not? (Think ahead to when
PAYG will be valid on the NLL.) So why are Travelcard users presumed to
be avoiding Z1 while PAYG users are presumed to be going through Z1 for
the exact same trip? (Or am I misunderstanding?)

I think you're misunderstanding

Could be! It's happened before.

- we're talking about the current
situation (i.e. with PAYG *not* being valid on the NLL).

But what will happen when PAYG becomes valid? Will Travelcard users
have to pay for Z1? Or will the rules be relaxed for everyone? Or will
Travelcard and PAYG users be held to different standards?

What happens currently on a Travelcard trip between Notting Hill Gate
and Acton Town? Upthread we determined that a PAYG trip is charged the
via-Z1 fare. But is a Z2-6 Travelcard valid for the same trip with no
extension charge?
--
David of Broadway
New York, NY, USA