Old May 11th 07, 05:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Ken's comments on Metronet

"Boltar" wrote in message
ps.com...
On 11 May, 13:03, Kev wrote:
I know this guy hates the PPP's but I thought his comments about the
best thing to happen would be for Metronet to go bankrupt was a bit
out of order for the Mayor of London and a senior member of the Labour
party.

I agree with him.

I am sure that the many suppliers that would suffer financial hardship
not to mention the workers who would lose out financially as well.

No they wouldn't , maintenance would have to continue and the workers
would simply be taken back in house by LU.

Given that a Labour Government put the PPP's in place and now he is
back in the fold shouldn't he keep his mouth shut on such issues.

In a free country he's entitled to express his opinion especially
given virtually nobody other than the bean counters in the treasury
thought it was a good idea to start with.

Presumably the bidders did.

tim