Old May 11th 07, 06:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Empire Way (Wembley Plaza Hotel)

On Fri, 11 May 2007, Aglians wrote:

Hi, I am italian. Probably next june I will stay at Wembley Plaza Hotel,
in Empire way, next Wembley stadium. A few years ago I already staied at
this hotel and I remember that the closest tube station to get central
London was 1 Km or more far. Has something changed? Which is that tube
station and which is the bus to get the hotel from tube staion?

The nearest tube station is still Wembley Central, which is just under a
kilometre. The 83, 92 and 182 all run down Wembley Hill Road, in front of
the hotel, to the station. Personally, i'd be tempted to walk it - a
kilometre isn't that far. Wembley Central is on the Bakerloo, and also has
Watford DC line trains to Euston now and then.

However, you're also a stone's throw (~ 100 m) from Wembley Stadium
railway station, on the Chiltern line, from where trains go to Marylebone.
They aren't all that frequent, but they run to a timetable, and they get
you into town in 15 minutes, quicker than the Bakerloo or the Watford
trains.

You're also about a kilometre, again on the 83 or 182, from Wembley Park
station, on the Jubilee and Metropolitan lines. The Jubilee is similar to
the Bakerloo in terms of speed, but the Met will get you from there to
Baker Street in 15 minutes or so, and of course it runs on in to the City
in the east.

So, depending on where you want to get to, you have lots of options! Which
one is best depends on where you want to go, but i reckon the Chiltern and
Metropolitan lines are sound bets.

tom

--
Vive la chimie, en particulier, et la connaissance en general. --
Herve This