Old May 12th 07, 01:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
James Farrar James Farrar is offline

Default Odd-coloured Piccadilly Line train

On Sat, 12 May 2007 11:51:19 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

In Chiswick this morning, I saw an eastbound Piccadilly Line train
(73ts) painted red all over except the doors which were light blue. The
red was a bit lighter and less saturated than standard LU red. The
other day I glimpsed the roof of a Piccadilly Line train which was
painted the same light blue, so perhaps that was the same train
(couldn't see the roof this morning).

I was some distance away, but there appeared to be no logos or other
writing on the train to indicate what these odd colours were for.
Anyone know?

It's "art". http://www.24hourmuseum.org.uk/nwh_gfx_en/ART46046.html