Old May 12th 07, 01:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Zone 2-3 Travelcard. Charging Question.

On May 12, 2:35 pm, James Farrar wrote:
On 12 May 2007 01:59:36 -0700, MIG
wrote:

That is not the same as passively recording my movements when I am not
suspected of any crime (other than a pattern of movement that may at
any time be deemed by the powers that be to be deviant).

Think about how many Oyster cards there are out there, and how many
journeys are made with them. Then think about how much time and effort
(and money) it would take to assess the data for "deviant patterns".

And then wake up and snap out of your paranoia.

Notice my use of the word "passively". It's only the analysis that
takes effort, and that can be done at any time in the future, as long
as the data is collected.

If you really think that collecting data for subsequent mining is too
much trouble, why do you suppose they have supermarket "loyalty" cards?