Old May 12th 07, 06:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
BRB Class 465 BRB Class 465 is offline

Default Ken's comments on Metronet

On 11 May, 13:03, Kev wrote:
I know this guy hates the PPP's but I thought his comments about the
best thing to happen would be for Metronet to go bankrupt was a bit
out of order for the Mayor of London and a senior member of the Labour
party.
I am sure that the many suppliers that would suffer financial hardship
not to mention the workers who would lose out financially as well.
Given that a Labour Government put the PPP's in place and now he is
back in the fold shouldn't he keep his mouth shut on such issues.

Metronet may be a troubled organisation, but things won't
automatically get better if they went bankrupt. For a start there's no
obvious replacement, and it's generally acknowledged that London
Underground doesn't have the ability to take back the maintenance role
at the drop of a hat.

To be fair to Ken, he was anti-PPP right from the start. We should
remember the fiasco when Gordon asks us to vote for him in a couple of
years time.

(We should also remember how Tony Blair told us he would serve a "full
third time". Another Labour promise broken...).

BRB Class 465.