Old May 13th 07, 11:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default Empire Way (Wembley Plaza Hotel)

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

Off-Peak Travelcard to London £6.70
Includes return travel to Marylebone on day of issue and as many
rides as you like on London's tubes and buses. Valid on the 0936
from Wembley Stadium and any subsequent train on Mondays to Fridays,
any train on Saturdays and Sundays. Return on any train.

Does it mean that with Off-Peak Travelcard to London £6.70 I can
make only a return journey between Wembley Stadium and Marylebone
(plus, obviously,as many rides as I like on tube and buses)?
What kind of travel card is this? A zone 1-4 travelcard?

A Zone 1-4 Off-Peak Travelcard is £5.70, a Peak Travelcard is £9.00.

A Zone 1-6 Off-Peak Travelcard is £6.70. I can't see that you'll
really need the extra Zone 5-6 validity, unless you're planning trips
to outer suburbia.

That's a good point, Helen. Unless the OP is planning to go further out than
Wembley Stadium (Ruislip, Harrow maybe) then a Zone 1-4 will suffice.

A Zone 1-4 Travelcard allows you to make unlimited bus, underground and
train travel within zones 1-4. Wembley is within zone 4, so yes, you can
travel backwards and forwards as many times as you like in a day. The
confusion is probably because Chiltern do sell Zone 1-6 Travelcards from
country stations beyond the limit of zone 6 (High Wycombe, Aylesbury etc.)
in which case the ticket allows for a return trip by train from the
originating station to the outer boundary of zone 6 and then unlimited
travel within the valid zones.