Old October 23rd 03, 02:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default What's happened to the PEDs?

(Boltar) wrote the following in:
om

"Janice" wrote in message
"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
What's a PED?

Platform Edge Door.

Indeed. An expensive and utterly pointless feature

I'm sure you love it when your train is delayed by a person throwing
themselves under it, or even slipping and falling under it by accident.
I won't talk about distress caused to the people who have to deal with
it afterwards because I can't imagine you caring about it beyond the
effect it has on you.

in the jubilee
line extension that has started causing problems after only 3
years. Imagine how (un)reliable these things will be in a decade
and how much money will have to be sunk into them to keep them
working.

Two sets of doors being broken for a day or two is hardly the end of
the world. I suppose that next time your car gets a flat tyre you'll
take it to the scrap heap.

--
message by Robin May, consumer of liquids
Hello. I'm one of those "roaring fascists of the left wing".

Hacker is to computer as boy racer is to Ford Escort.