Old May 15th 07, 11:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Underwood Martin Underwood is offline

Default What's this then?

Tristán White wrote in message
45:

I took this photo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25124954@N00/480556440/
#comment72157600218892777

Can you guess...

(a) where it is
(b) what it's for?

I know the answer to (a), of course, but would love to know the
answer to (b) as it confuses the hell out of me whenever I see it.

As you can see, other people I asked have no idea. So I thought I'd
ask on UTL ;-)

The "Keep Clear" suggests it's the emergency exit from something. Is the
bottom horizontal handle at floor level? And is the top of the photo near
ceiling height? Is this leading off the platform or off one of the access
tunnels between surface and platform?