Old May 16th 07, 09:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Standard Day Return - break of journey?

wrote in message
ups.com...

This feels like it would have been asked numerous times on here
before, but either it hasn't been or my Google Groups search skills
are not up to the task - apologies if it's the latter!

I've got a Standard Day Return from Crayford to London today (£9.20).
On my way home I would like to stop off in Bexley (the stop before
Crayford), leave the station to drop something off nearby, then return
to the station and finish my trip to Crayford on the next train.

Is this permitted on my ticket? Will I need to plead with the person
manning the manual gate at Bexley or will the gate just return my
ticket to me automatically for later use?

Yes it is permitted, but its probaby best not to assume that the automatic
gates will return the ticket, there'd be loads of hassle if they didn't!
I'd use the staffed gate anyway and tell the staff whta you are doing.

Paul