Old May 19th 07, 04:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Standard Day Return - break of journey?

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
In article ,
(Paul Speller) wrote:

On Wed, 16 May 2007 10:33:54 +0100, Paul Scott wrote:

Yes it is permitted, but its probaby best not to assume that the
automatic gates will return the ticket, there'd be loads of hassle
if they didn't! I'd use the staffed gate anyway and tell the staff
whta you are doing.

My Cambridge-Zones 1 & 2 saver return outward portions don't get taken by
the gates at East Putney. It's hard to see why not but when I asked here
it was confirmed as expected behaviour.

No mystery, isn't it simply because East Putney LU is gated as an 'out of
station interchange' with Putney NR?

Paul