Old May 19th 07, 05:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Standard Day Return - break of journey?

In article ,
(Paul Scott) wrote:

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
In article ,
(Paul Speller) wrote:

On Wed, 16 May 2007 10:33:54 +0100, Paul Scott wrote:

Yes it is permitted, but its probaby best not to assume that
the automatic gates will return the ticket, there'd be loads of
hassle if they didn't! I'd use the staffed gate anyway and tell
the staff what you are doing.

My Cambridge-Zones 1 & 2 saver return outward portions don't get
taken by the gates at East Putney. It's hard to see why not but
when I asked here it was confirmed as expected behaviour.

No mystery, isn't it simply because East Putney LU is gated as an
'out of station interchange' with Putney NR?

But where could I go on a Zones 1 and 2 ticket via Putney? Both stations
are in both zones 2 and 3.

--
Colin Rosenstiel