Old May 19th 07, 07:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Weaver Paul Weaver is offline

Default Next round of Ticket Office closures announced

On May 19, 1:42 pm, (Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:
In article .com,

(chunky munky) wrote:
Get used to either using the ticket machines or visiting the local
newsagent if you want to travel......

Taken from:http://www.workersliberty.org/node/8463

The ticket offices LUL proposes to close a

East Putney

There are no shops on my way from my mother's to the station. How can I
put an arbitrary (small) amount on my Oyster if I don't have change?

Doesn't East Putney have an auto oyster top-up machine (the type that
has a touch screen and does paper tickets too)? The one at Theydon
Bois (which has been ticket officeless for a long time) takes cards,
notes and cash. It's occasionally closed though, presumably out of
paper or something.

When that does happen, the only other oyster point in the village is
the newsagents 300 yards away, off the beaten track, which closes
before the station anyway, and doesn't always have a working top-up.
(Don't they do a surcharge anyway?)

But the gates aren't open. There's no way of buying a ticket (aside
coins for a paper ticket which are prohibitively priced, especially at
the weekend), so no way of travelling. In the olden days you could pay
at your destination, but how does that work with oyster? Especially in
the Pre-7PM/Post-7PM time?