Old October 23rd 03, 04:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ralf Hermanns Ralf Hermanns is offline

Default Why PEDs?

Excuse me for hijacking this thread, but it is the perfect moment to ask a
thing I always wanted to know:

What are the PED built for?
Obviously, they are a safety increase for the passengers on a crowded
platform - but in a movie of a "jubilee line drivers view" I saw, the
speaker said something about the ventilation systems of the trains. He
emphasized that the ventilation was the primary reason for building them,
and safety came just along with that.

So I wonder if someone can give some insights what the doors really do for
the line - or if this DVDs commentary is just b...

--
Ralf (from Germany)
- flying to London next week for 3 days holiday in the city