Old October 23rd 03, 07:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

Default Help!!!! What happens now! Buying ticket from ticket tout

"Barry Salter" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:48:10 -0700, "Kat" wrote:

"Robin May" wrote in message

Bus revenue inspectors I've come accross have been much less bothered.
I was on a bus the other day and a revenue inspector asked to see my
ticket. I showed him my oystercard and that was him satisfied even
though he had no way of knowing what ticket was on it.

You're supposed to carry your record-card with the ticket I believe.

Actually, you don't have to, though you won't get a Gold Card discount
on National Rail without it. And if you renew online you don't get a new
record card anyway.

In that case (and in answer to the original point) I suppose that all
revenue inspectors will carry something akin to our hand-held checkers.

--
Kat in Downtown Toronto