Old May 21st 07, 12:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Next round of Ticket Office closures announced

In article . 145,
(David Jackman) wrote:

"Richard J." wrote in news:eOY3i.22463
:

The scenario you originally raised was "how can I put an
arbitrary (small) amount on my Oyster if I don't have change", in
the event of the ticket office at East Putney being permanently
closed. We've established that there's a ticket stop just across
the road. If that's so awfully inconvenient for you, you should
make sure you always have change on you, or think ahead and top
up during the arrival leg of your journey, or save time and
hassle by topping up less frequently with larger amounts. It's
not rocket science.

Or bite the bullet, give TfL your credit card details and go for
auto top-up...

And have them take *far* more money than I want onto my Oyster. I only
use Oyster every few months. I don't live in London and cycle when I can.

Anyway, my main reason for small amount ticket office top-ups is to get
receipts for my Oyster usage. The few times I use the tube nowadays is
usually on expenses. Machines won't take the amount I want unless I take
care to have the change.

--
Colin Rosenstiel