Old May 21st 07, 01:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Wood Green to Streatham

On Mon, 21 May 2007, Sir Benjamin Nunn wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
oups.com...

Wondering if anyone here might be able to give me some rough advice as
to how I can get from Wood Green to Streatham Hill (or any part of
Streatham) with a zone 2-3 travelcard? Leaving in the morning and
returning after rush hour.

Hmm, if you're willing to break the rules by going undetected through
Z1, and with a very, very slim chance of getting caught in any way...

Picc. to Finsbury Park
Vic. to Brixton

.... and the system decides you've gone via Z1 and excesses you, and you
lose. At least, if you're on oyster - i don't know quite how the gates
react to a paper Z23 in this situation.

Legally, it would be harder. Maybe:

Picc. to Caledonian Road.
Walk to NLL Caledonian Road station (not that far).

Or change at FP to the Vic, and then get the NLL at H&I.

NLL to Willesden Junc.
WLL to Clapham Junc.
Southern (I think it is these days) to Streatham Hill.

This would indeed be potty. I suggest biting the bullet and paying for a
cross-Z1 route!

tom

--
Sometimes it takes a madman like Iggy Pop before you can SEE the logic
really working.