Old May 21st 07, 04:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Sir Benjamin Nunn Sir Benjamin Nunn is offline

Default Wood Green to Streatham

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
h.li...

... and the system decides you've gone via Z1 and excesses you, and you
lose. At least, if you're on oyster - i don't know quite how the gates
react to a paper Z23 in this situation.

They always used to let you through.

Not that I'd be proud of flouting the rules or anything, but there have been
quite a few times when I've travelled from Wimbleware to White City,
changing at NH Gate, and passing through HS Ken (Zone 1).

I'm pretty sure I've also made far more obvious forays through little bits
of Z1 with a 2-6 paper Travelcard, and got away with it. Ealing Broadway to
Brixton a while ago, with no obvious non-Z1 route, and Ickenham to Tooting
Broadway fairly recently.

Legally, it would be harder. Maybe:

Picc. to Caledonian Road.
Walk to NLL Caledonian Road station (not that far).

Or change at FP to the Vic, and then get the NLL at H&I.

Yeah, I thought about that, but while the FP change is x-platform, there is
waiting time for a train, and the H&I change is pretty nasty. If the OP is a
quickish walker, getting out at Caledonian Road might be faster.

BTN