Old October 23rd 03, 07:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Getting from Finchley to Bank with no Northern Line

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 00:23:53 +0100, "John Rowland"
wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
.. .

the 382 is just a midibus and may be packed
beyond belief during the current problems.

A 382 packed? Someone should photograph that!

I said "may". Not a route I've used yet but having lived through the
hell that was travelling in North East London when we had no Central
Line for weeks then I would not be remotely surprised to find all buses
in the Northern Line catchment area full.

For goodness sake the little diddy W12 in Walthamstow had people jammed
up against the windscreen during Central Line Hell as it is the only
quick way to Snaresbrook and South Woodford from the Victoria Line.
Travel patterns were turned completely upside down - quite an odd and
yet interesting thing to observe.
--
Paul C