Old May 22nd 07, 02:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default DLR Station Renaming! :-))

On Tue, 22 May 2007, Ian Jelf wrote:

Oh dear!

Heard a suggestion that "Cutty Sark for Maritime Greenwich" be renamed
"Burnt Oak for Maritime Greenwich"!

This is in very poor taste. Must have been - made me chuckle!

It is a terrible business, though. Good news that so much of the most
valuable material was out of the hull at the time - rather like Pearl
Harbour, or the boathouse fire at my old college, either lucky or
suspicious.

If it does turn out to have been arson, and they catch the guys who did
it, i have a few yards of rope that are knocking about looking for
something to do ...

In the meantime, if anyone's feeling generous:

http://www.justgiving.com/cuttysarkfire

tom

--
the logical extension of a zero-infinity nightmare topology