Old May 22nd 07, 10:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Next round of Ticket Office closures announced

John B wrote:
On 21 May, 22:05, Boltar wrote:
Not everyone who visits london will know english well enough to
understand
some guy in a ticket office in a noisy station try and explain Oyster
and how
to use it. They probably have their work cut out just trying to ask
for a ticket
to the right station. Ken should experience what its like and should
be sent
to Paris to listen to an oh-so-happy happy Metro ticket assistant to
explain the
difference between Mobilis and Paris Visite tickets in french. Ripping
off tourists
incidentaly is a good way to make sure they don't come back in a
hurry. If
you think thats a good idea then fair enough.

When I go to a foreign city, I read up in advance about how public
transport works in that city.

Maybe so - but you (and I) are also the sort of person who posts to
transport groups on Usenet, which isn't necessarily very typical of the
average user...