Old May 23rd 07, 07:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Next round of Ticket Office closures announced

Paul Terry wrote:
In message , Arthur
Figgis writes

Maybe so - but you (and I) are also the sort of person who posts to
transport groups on Usenet, which isn't necessarily very typical of
the average user...

These days I should think most people would use something like the
forums at www.tripadvisor.com, where there is a huge body of knowledge
about using transport systems around the world. I notice that the finer
points of using Oyster often come up in the London forum (and with some
very knowledgeable replies, too).

I would doubt that more than a small fraction of the population know
about that sort of thing, and even fewer would be willing to wade
through the crud, half-understood vs pedantic debates, and random asides
on the average forum.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK