Old October 23rd 03, 08:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Help!!!! What happens now! Buying ticket from ticket tout

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:59:37 +0100, James Farrar
wrote:

I renewed at the card-only ticket machine at London Bridge, pressed
for a receipt and didn't get one!

IMO, the default when paying by credit card in every case should be to
issue a receipt, with an option *not* to do so. To do otherwise is to
display a cavalier attitude towards credit card fraud, and for the
cardholder it makes it much more difficult to prove (if doubted) a
dodgy transaction.

You shouldn't have to display lightning-fast reactions (as you do at
some ticket machines) to get something to which you should be entitled
as a matter of course.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
is a valid email address, but is sent to /dev/null.