Old October 23rd 03, 10:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Rich Martin Rich is offline

Default Oyster on buses

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 22:04:09 +0000 (UTC), "Nes"
wrote:

I don't think so. I jumped on a 453 at Westminster, used my Oyster and got
off at Lambeth North some 5 minutes later. I ventured into the station and
tried running my card over the ticket machine reader and looked at the card
usage and that 453 journey was included on the screen.

Is this not using data stored on the card? (I've had a similar
experience of seeing a bus journey registered on my card when I'd just
got off the bus). Presumably there's some sort of reconciliation
between data stored on the card and data stored centrally at various
stages

Martin