Old May 27th 07, 12:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Next round of Ticket Office closures announced

In article ,
lid (Stevo) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
lid (Stevo) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Neil Williams) wrote:

On Sun, 20 May 2007 14:47 +0100 (BST),

(Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:

In article ,
(John Rowland) wrote:

There are no shops on my way from my mother's to the
station. How can I put an arbitrary (small) amount on my
Oyster if I don't have change?
They don't want you to put an arbitrary small amount on.
So I'll cycle then.
Probably a good choice. It's not as if TfL are short of
customers, and it'll be better for you as well!

That said, why don't you just put a tenner or 20 quid on and
use it as you need to? It's not as if (so far as I know) the
credit expires. That's what I do, and 20 quid usually lasts me
the best part of 6 months because I normally use outboundary
Travelcards when

travelling to/in London.
See my other post. £20 could be a year's usage and that way I
don't get a usable receipt.

And if I have the family, how do I buy a child ticket for my
daughter?
So you use the tube so infrequently, yet LUL should keep an
office open because you cannot be bothered to cross a bloody
road twice a year.

I think you should have got your story straight first really.

When I go there at commuter times the queues are pretty long.
East Putney is a busy station.

So you go twice a year and not always at commuter times either,
cross the bloody road once a year then

I see my mother more often than that and I was brought up there. I'm
going on Monday.

--
Colin Rosenstiel