Old October 23rd 03, 10:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
umpston umpston is offline

Default Concorde! on BBC2 now

Tony Bryer wrote in message ...
In article , Umpston
wrote:
But to throw more public money at it now,
for largely sentimental reasons, would be daft.

But we do this all the time in respect of historic buildings

Fair point, but you can go round most historic buildings for only a
few quid (and soon you will probably be able to see Concorde in a
museum for a few quid). But what price (and how long the waiting list
- at any price?) for a rare flight on a 'preserved' Condorde?
Therefore I think it would be poor value to spend scarce public
'heritage' money to keep it flying. But if you disagree - make your
lottery application now!