Old May 30th 07, 03:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Next round of Ticket Office closures announced

On 30 May, 15:54, "Richard J." wrote:
There are times when I stay overnight with my mother when I am
claiming expenses, quite legitimately. Not on Monday, of course. A
ticket office receipt is the only form available other than usage
printouts which as far as I'm concerned are also only obtainable at
a ticket office. Can ticket shops do them?

You can get usage reports online.

I can't speak for Colin's employers, but not everyone is willing to
accept printouts of documents delivered online (mine are happy with
it, but they're saner than most about expenses-related-bureaucracy in
general).
[*] Most notably banks, who try and switch your account to online
statements 'for your convenience', and then refuse to accept print-
outs of online statements as proof of identity for the purposes of
their box-ticking exercises.

[**] I know the box-ticking itself is government-mandated; however, I
don't believe that the legislation bans the use of online statements
as the proof of address to go alongside proof of identity.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org