Old May 31st 07, 06:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Hughes Mike Hughes is offline

Default cab from heathrow to the docks ?

In message .com,
pehache-tolai writes
Hello,

We are three of us and we need to go from heathrow airport to the
Victoria Dock on a saturday evening. By tube it will take about 90mn
with 2 changes.

I am work out from Heathrow (at least I try to start my evening from
there). The fare is on the meter. On a Saturday night there is usually
not too much traffic, provided you avoid the 'satnav' suggested route of
going via Piccadilly Circus which is usually choc a block. Total time
should be about one hour.

A fare to Victoria Dock is not 'compellable' as it is more than 20 miles
from Heathrow but you should not have any trouble getting a taxi ti take
you there. Cost will depend upon final distance, but you should get
there for about 75GBP. That's door to door. Compare this with 3 people
on the Heathrow Express 3 x 16 = 48 (it may even be 18 each on
weekends!), a taxi from there to Victoria Docks would be about 35 so the
overall cost is cheaper

advert What time are you arriving, which terminal, and do you want me
to pick you up. I don't hide my email address so you can contact me
direct!! :-))
end advert

--
Mike Hughes
at home in Tarring, West Sussex, England