Old October 24th 03, 07:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default Crossrail and Maryland, the finale

In article , Jonn Elledge
writes
Personally, I'd rather see the North London Line's 4tph
extended from Stratford to Gidea Park, or perhaps Upminster via Emerson
Park.

I'm not sure it'd be worth sending it that far out - think how many extra
trains it would need (although getting the Upminster line back onto the
network would be nice).

You'd also need to cross over from the Slow Lines at or before Romford,
costing paths on the Fasts. I'm not even sure of the track layout at
Romford without looking it up, but I suspect changes would be needed
there as well.

There are rumours that the Emerson Park line will be connected to the
District at Upminster, not to allow a through service (laughter) but to
allow LU trains to be dragged to Ilford for major servicing.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: