Old June 1st 07, 09:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Londoncityslicker Londoncityslicker is offline

Default cab from heathrow to the docks ?

On May 31, 12:48 pm, pehache-tolai wrote:
Hello,

We are three of us and we need to go from heathrow airport to the
Victoria Dock on a saturday evening. By tube it will take about 90mn
with 2 changes.

A cab will probably be much more comfortable... How long will it take,
and how much will it cost, approximately ?

Thanks,

--
pehache

Cheapest way would be on the tube.
It's not too bad a journey. Piccadily to Green Park and the Jubilee to
Canning Town. Then a short bus ride.
£3.00 each with an Oyster, double that if you don't have one or £6.20
with a Travelcard.
Time wise, Saturday evening shouldn't be too bad. Just watch the
crowds of revellers if it's late evening (after about 10.00).
But . . . look out for Engineering works which may screw up your
plans.

Heathrow Express in my book isn't great. It's expensive £15.50 each.
And the amount of walking at Heathrow and at Paddington negates some
of the time gains.
Plus you still have to get a ticket from Paddington to Canning Town.

Cab woud be expensive. The last time I did it. (from Canary Wharf) It
cost round about £80 in a black cab. Split three ways its still
expensive. Prebooking a private hire will be cheaper and chose the
right one it's quite luxurious.
As you get a meet and greet and a nice confortable Mercedes with a
fixed price.
Time wise depending on traffic it could be the quickest way. On a
clear run it takes 1hour.
Any delays and you might have well have taken the tube and saved your
pounds for a drink.
Saturday evening you should get a clearish run if the cabby takes the
right routes and puts his foot down.