Old June 1st 07, 02:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael Hoffman Michael Hoffman is offline

Default London Terminals ticket validity?

Londoncityslicker wrote:
On Jun 1, 9:05 am, stan5001 wrote:
I was travelling from Paddington to Clapham Junction the other day via
the
bakerloo line and Waterloo - and thought I'd buy a ticket for the
Waterloo - Clapham Junction at Paddington to save queuing at Waterloo.

I have an oystercard with pre-pay, so tried the fast-ticket machine
and it offered me a ticket from "London Paddington" to Clapham
Junction for £2.10.

Intrigued, I bought it - applying a Gold Card discount to get it for
£1.40. It stated "London Terminals" to "Clapham Junction", without
the maltese cross...

I tried it in the barriers at the Paddington tube, half expecting it
to be refused, but it
worked. And got me out again at Waterloo.

I've done this a few times now, although it won't work in reverse...

Have I been missing something here, or is this an anomoly?

The fare from London Waterloo is 2.10 (1.40 with a Gold card)
But the fact that the ticket said London Terminals allows you to use
the tube from any london terminal.
usually it has to have a LT Roundel on it to signify you can do this.

There is a tiny roundel symbol that might show up in the middle of the
ticket number to mean that the ticket is capable of being read by LUL
ticket machines.

But I think you still need a +/dagger/Maltese cross to travel via LUL.
--
Michael Hoffman