Old October 24th 03, 08:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
umpston umpston is offline

Default Concorde! on BBC2 now

Paul Weaver wrote in message . ..
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:35:39 -0700, umpston wrote:
you can go round most historic buildings for only a few quid

True, but I personally hate all those things, I'd rather take pride in
something unique this country has produced then go on a tour of a stone
building.

Do you really hate all of them? They're not all stone by any means.
Tate Modern, for example, is an awesome piece of British industrial
concrete architecture and worth visiting in its own right, as well as
for the art inside. I'm not so keen on plush country houses but I
love old castles, forts, prehistoric remains, industrial heritage -
and anything to do with transport.