Old June 1st 07, 06:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Dulieu Steve Dulieu is offline

Default cab from heathrow to the docks ?

"Londoncityslicker" wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 31, 12:48 pm, pehache-tolai wrote:
Hello,

We are three of us and we need to go from heathrow airport to the
Victoria Dock on a saturday evening. By tube it will take about 90mn
with 2 changes.

A cab will probably be much more comfortable... How long will it take,
and how much will it cost, approximately ?

Thanks,

--
pehache

Cheapest way would be on the tube.
It's not too bad a journey. Piccadily to Green Park and the Jubilee to
Canning Town. Then a short bus ride.
£3.00 each with an Oyster, double that if you don't have one or £6.20
with a Travelcard.
Time wise, Saturday evening shouldn't be too bad. Just watch the
crowds of revellers if it's late evening (after about 10.00).
But . . . look out for Engineering works which may screw up your
plans.

Heathrow Express in my book isn't great. It's expensive £15.50 each.
And the amount of walking at Heathrow and at Paddington negates some
of the time gains.
Plus you still have to get a ticket from Paddington to Canning Town.

Cab woud be expensive. The last time I did it. (from Canary Wharf) It
cost round about £80 in a black cab. Split three ways its still
expensive. Prebooking a private hire will be cheaper and chose the
right one it's quite luxurious.
As you get a meet and greet and a nice confortable Mercedes with a
fixed price.
Time wise depending on traffic it could be the quickest way. On a
clear run it takes 1hour.
Any delays and you might have well have taken the tube and saved your
pounds for a drink.
Saturday evening you should get a clearish run if the cabby takes the
right routes and puts his foot down.

However, do bear in mind that this weekend (Sat 2nd) and weekend of Sat
16th, the Piccadilly (and District) Line is suspended between Acton Town and
Hammersmith. During the suspension LU tickets are valid on HEX and HCON.
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change jealous to sad to reply.