Old June 2nd 07, 10:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default Getting from Heathrow airport to Bayswater inn hotel by tube.

vmnvmcxbv wrote:
I will be on vacation in London at the end of this month. I arrive to
Heathrow airport and stay in Bayswater inn hotel. Let's just say that
$100 price for the taxi trip seems to be somewhat excessive for this
New York resident . So I figured I can take a tube.
http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk suggested this route (I selected
tube only with least transfers):

To be honest, I wouldn't bother with the Tube. It takes over 40 minutes and
can be quite packed at times.

For about a quarter of the price of your quoted taxi fare you could catch
the Heathrow Express (runs every fifteen minutes) to Paddington mainline
station and then you are within walking distance of Bayswater (or one
Underground stop, if you choose). See http://www.heathrowexpress.com. It
will cost more than the Tube but the trains are comfortable and spacious,
with plenty of luggage space, and the journey only takes fifteen minutes
from Heathrow Terminals 1,2,3 and about twenty from Terminal 4.