Old June 2nd 07, 11:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner Recliner is offline

Default Getting from Heathrow airport to Bayswater inn hotel by tube.

"Jack Taylor" wrote in message

vmnvmcxbv wrote:
I will be on vacation in London at the end of this month. I arrive to
Heathrow airport and stay in Bayswater inn hotel. Let's just say that
$100 price for the taxi trip seems to be somewhat excessive for this
New York resident . So I figured I can take a tube.
http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk suggested this route (I selected
tube only with least transfers):

To be honest, I wouldn't bother with the Tube. It takes over 40
minutes and can be quite packed at times.

For about a quarter of the price of your quoted taxi fare you could
catch the Heathrow Express (runs every fifteen minutes) to Paddington
mainline station and then you are within walking distance of
Bayswater (or one Underground stop, if you choose). See
http://www.heathrowexpress.com. It will cost more than the Tube but
the trains are comfortable and spacious, with plenty of luggage
space, and the journey only takes fifteen minutes from Heathrow
Terminals 1,2,3 and about twenty from Terminal 4.

The OP's hotel is much closer to Bayswater station than Paddington, so
the Tube journey will involve much less walking, won't be much slower
overall, and is about a quarter of the price. It's probably worth
putting up with more cramped trains for that.