Old June 6th 07, 09:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
[email protected] ryouwho@hotmail.com is offline

Default Does anyone know where Ranelagh Bridge is?

Thanks to everyone who replied- found it on the map now

As it happens, I was on a train from Paddington this afternoon. The
bridge looks Victorian and is low down, level with local roads, so
presumably it dates from long before the A40. The turn and ramp up to
the A40 look quite nasty.

From what I understand of the road system of London, the Westway was

to be part of a larger motorway box. The Westway got built then the
scheme was canned, so it's possible this last bit got cobbled together
from old bridges and existing streets.

Anyway, folks have been getting had for using it without paying the CC
so watch out!

Thanks again......