Old June 6th 07, 06:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Does anyone know where Ranelagh Bridge is?

Barry Salter wrote:
wrote:

Anyway I've no intention of voluenteering to find out. Going from
Marble Arch I shall be taking a long, boring but safe loop via
Edgware Road, St Johns wood Road, Park Road and Baker Street before
turning right onto the Westway.

Looking at the map showing the extended CC Zone, and comparing it with
Multimap, suggests that you'd need to do Marble Arch - Edgware Road -
Sussex Gardens - Sale Place - Praed Street - Eastbourne Terrace -
Bishops Bridge Road - Westbourne Terrace - Orsett Terrace - Gloucester
Terrace - Ranelagh Bridge - Westway to avoid the CC, which is a lot of
messing about!

Praed St is eastbound-only from Norfolk Place to Edgware Road, so you can't
reach the 2-way part of Praed St from the east without paying the CC charge.
In fact, I have no idea why Praed St west of Sale Place is excluded from the
CC zone, since you can't really use it to get to or from Paddington.

The correct CC-free route from Marble Arch to Westway is Edgware Road -
Harrow Road - Bishops Bridge Road - Westbourne Terrace - Orsett Terrace -
Gloucester Terrace - Ranelagh Bridge - Westway. Even if you were exempt from
the CC charge, this is shorter and faster than any route passing to the
immediate south of Paddington.