Old June 8th 07, 04:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default El sections of LU

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007, John Rowland wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

The Met's up in the air at Hillingdon, isn't it?

No, but the air is lower than it! All the local roads go over it, but
the A40 passes beneath it in a deep cutting, which is why you thought it
was up in the air.

You're quite right, and i realised my error as soon as i looked at a
picture. I have a distinct memory of the station floating in the air, but
i think this is a combination of the bridge, plus the fact that it's
uphill from the Master Brewer, where the coaches stop.

tom

--
We need a higher electric field, a higher polarisation product, a longer
storage time and more neutrons. -- NEDM