Old June 8th 07, 05:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard Richard is offline

Default Next round of Ticket Office closures announced

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 15:51:38 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:
2005 isn't "now", and in my *recent* experience UK cards do now work on
the Paris Métro.

That's put me in my place, though it may still happening on SNCF. In
December last year, the TER ticket machines at Basel SNCF had a notice
that they only accepted cards issued in France (and no notes either).
I don't know if this is common to all TER equipment or a peculiarity
of its location, ironic given that it's in Switzerland. I hope that
the main line ticket machines, more likely to be used by foreign
travellers, perhaps, wouldn't have that restriction.

Richard.