Old June 8th 07, 06:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Edward Cowling London UK Edward Cowling London UK is offline

Default Pickpocket North London Line

Thankfully in 40 plus years of travelling around London this is only the
second time someones tried to get my wallet and both times they failed.

I got on the 8:06 Richmond train out of Highbury & Islington this
morning and as usual it was packed. A guy pretending to be half asleep
with what looked like a full backpack in front of him kept leaning on
me, but I thought nothing of it. Luckily I have velcro on my pockets
flaps and I felt it being pulled and I then looked down to see his
fingers pulling at my pockets. I pushed his hands away and he did a big
waking up, not really knowing what was going on routine. He looked
awkward until the train came into Gospel Oak, where he got off and ran
up the platform. I did notice the rucksack was in fact empty and he'd
folded it over to make a hollow half football shape to hide his hands.

He was in his early 20's, about 6 foot tall and quite thin. Pretty
scruffy in trainers, jeans and a blue T shirt. Short dark hair with a
spotty face and really strong East European features.

So watch your valuables on the East London Line, the vermin pick pockets
are about !!

--
Edward Cowling "Must Go - For He Is The Kwisatz Haderach"