Old June 8th 07, 07:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Pickpocket North London Line

On Jun 8, 11:44 am, Edward Cowling London UK
wrote:
Thankfully in 40 plus years of travelling around London this is only the
second time someones tried to get my wallet and both times they failed.

I got on the 8:06 Richmond train out of Highbury & Islington this
morning and as usual it was packed. A guy pretending to be half asleep
with what looked like a full backpack in front of him kept leaning on
me, but I thought nothing of it. Luckily I have velcro on my pockets
flaps and I felt it being pulled and I then looked down to see his
fingers pulling at my pockets. I pushed his hands away and he did a big
waking up, not really knowing what was going on routine. He looked
awkward until the train came into Gospel Oak, where he got off and ran
up the platform. I did notice the rucksack was in fact empty and he'd
folded it over to make a hollow half football shape to hide his hands.

He was in his early 20's, about 6 foot tall and quite thin. Pretty
scruffy in trainers, jeans and a blue T shirt. Short dark hair with a
spotty face and really strong East European features.

So watch your valuables on the East London Line, the vermin pick pockets
are about !!

--
Edward Cowling "Must Go - For He Is The Kwisatz Haderach"

You failed to retain his testicles. Now he can breed more scum